The Super cyclone Amphan had created a major havoc in the Sunderbans. Homes were lost, countless lives were affected, the ecological Balance was destroyed. GGBK came up to the task. Emergency and long-term measures were established to repair the damage left by the nature’s rage.Our Work:
- Housing reparations were made in over 70 Villages.
- Over 7200 people received aid.
- Health camps were established in different sectors.
- New ponds were dug in the most affected areas.
- Survivors of Human Trafficking were supported with loans from Self-Help Groups.
- New Saplings were planted in the devastated regions.
- Villagers were supported with seeds and fertilizers to start Organic Farming.
- Disaster Mapping was done in the entire work sector for future counter-measures.
- As of now disaster prevention training is being given to multiple villagers.